Monday, March 02, 2009

more cards

Do you remember our annual cupcake-themed birthday cards? Last year I decided it would be better to wait until after the fact to show them (so as not to ruin the surprise), so these are our cards from 2008. They're simple images I created in Illustrator and was then able to recolor and print out for each family member.


Ideally, everyone would have gotten a unique cupcake image despite their having been created in digitally.In real life, that wasn't entirely accurate due to time constraints and the weird pinks and reds that result from our printer's limitations. But I did make several versions of the cupcakes so that people received several variations of the cards.


Sadly, I haven't had a chance to create our 2009 card yet. And many family birthdays occured in February, so I've really fallen off the card-making wagon this year. But I haven't given up all hope yet. I know what I want to do and have all the supplies on hand. Soon, soon.

3 comments:

  1. cute! i want some cupcakes right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me to do the same this year and last. Everyone loves them, feeling like they are getting a little piece of art.

    http://craftnclutter.blogspot.com/2009/02/cute-enough-to-eat.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a creative idea to do that with the cards. :)

    I'm also having a call for people who might be interested in doing a weekly painting challenge. Thought you might be interested. If so, pop on by and lemme know. :) hugs!

    Kristin
    http://reclaimingthehome.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete