Thursday, March 29, 2007

At last

Well there you have it: it's temporary, but at last the disdressed banner is updated for the season. Although I have to tell you that I went waltzing out of the apartment without a jacket at 7:30 this morning and seriously regretted my choice of attire for the day. Yesterday Tsia and I had a lunchtime picnic wearing light jackets; today we needed our coats and scarves. It must be spring!


Ok, I've heard you: I am working on patterns for the two bags and will let you know when they are available. I'm hoping to create them as downloadable pdf files, but stay tuned and I'll let you know. Creating the patterns themselves takes very little time; it's the writing of the instructions that seems to command hours.



And since every post needs a photo or two, today's pictures are springtime window displays from Purl, Rugby (I love all those colored candies--they remind me of Jane), and a store on West Broadway. I can't believe I didn't bother to notice which store it was, I was just so mesmerized by those adorable textile pastries.


Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:49 AM

    oh, yeah!!!!! i have been thinking about that bag ever since it was posted! and love the new header...blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:04 AM

    Hooray. I am really looking forward to the patterns! I just wish that I could have gone on the shopping tour.... Avice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that new banner- the bears are so cute!

    Those 'pastries' are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:38 PM

    I was hoping you would post the patterns! Can't wait to try one out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:33 PM

    love the purl picture. i have to tell you that i don't knit but i've had one of those yarn thingamajigs for a few years because i thought it was so cool looking. any idea on what it's name is other than t.a.m.j.?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very pleased to hear your good news about the bag patterns - awaiting them with anticipation! Thank you also for sharing the window displays with us - I dream of looking in at Purl's window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for the bears!

    I can't wait for the bag patterns :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:21 PM

    love the new banner...and yes, the textile pasteries are pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the angry bear at the end. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:11 PM

    the window displays are lovely and glimpses of ny from your perspective are delightful. thanks for making up the bag patterns - i've wished i could take one of your classes at purl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The banner is a great idea...we have exactly the same puzzle here in Munich (I bought it a couple of years ago) and the kids (+ myself) love to play with it.

    Also like the bag very much - the colour combination is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurray! I'm so excited for the patterns! Thanks for the photos of the window displays... it makes me want to actually go out instead of sitting at home and shopping online!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow I wish we had stores like that over here near us!!!! I'd like a store like purl our way!

    Corrie;)

    ReplyDelete