Saturday, October 06, 2007
Catch up: random, random, random
For years now I've been convinced that my brain has a (very) limited volume and that for every item that goes in, another leaves. That theory was reinforced this week when I learned how to calculate electric volts using amps and watts but entirely forgot where I placed the memory card for our camera (it was someplace safe, of course). I'm still looking but about to give up now that the new flash has arrived and I'm eager to try it out.
Wow, what a productive week! We've been out walking the city most days, buying lighting for the booth (thus the amps and such), selecting envelopes for press kits and looking for the perfect booth decorations. My feet are tired. But when we weren't out pounding the streets I was busy on the phone or on email, pulling together all the other details. It's so exciting and nerve-wracking to be launching this crazy scheme!
Anyway, SewNancy tagged me a long time ago, and I'm only just getting around the responding. Truth is, I think I've run out of things to tell you about myself. You already know a lot about me, and I'm having trouble thinking up more trivia to add to the pot. Here's what I've got (only five):
1. I love working with yeast and flour: bread, pizza dough, etc. Pie crusts I tolerate. Cakes and cookies, not so much. So I can't say I love baking; I only love certain kinds of baking.
2. I've always wanted to collect souvenir buildings and recently purchased my first few from the local kitch shops in midtown. Mine aren't old like the ones I admire, but they are the heavy pewter type and I love them. Can't even begin to explain why; I just do.
3. I was all excited the other day because I thought Blogger had suddenly made it easier to reply to your comments. But I was wrong. It still involves researching each individual's blog for an email address, etc. So if you've registered with Blogger and leave a comment, Blogger may or may not let me reply directly. When will they improve this feature? I would love to reply to every single comment you leave!
4. Someday I'd like to learn shoe making. But not right now.
5. I've thought up a terrific Halloween costume and probably won't have time to make it. Not that I was going anywhere on Halloween anyway.
Not really being the tagging sort, I think I'll leave my tags open. If you read this and feel compelled to post about yourself, drop me a line and I'll put a link to your post here.