Tuesday, July 24, 2012

away

I miss my kid! She's been visiting grandparents for a few weeks now, and I can't wait to go retrieve her on Saturday. Meanwhile, she's having such a great time, she's admitted she doesn't miss me at all.


That's ok. I've enjoyed a little break too.

We took this photo at the studio after shooting the new summer Oliver + S styles and just before she left for her trip. When we're finished shooting "official" shots she always gets some time to play with the camera set-up. Usually she has a still life that she wants to shoot, but sometimes she has other ideas. We've gotten some wonderful shots as a result. This time she wanted action shots involving lots of jumping. This photo makes me smile when I look at it because I think I miss her great sense of humor and energy most of all! It will be good to have her back again.

I hope you're finding time to enjoy your loved ones this summer!


7 comments:

  1. Omigosh she is so cute! Love jumping kids photos. Good that S got some grandparent time, you got some "footloose and fancy free" adult time, and your reunion will be so sweet because of it! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dlyons7:13 AM

    What a terrific photo. Such joy and abandon. I love it. And, wow--she looks SO much like her mom!! I'll bet she'll look even taller when you see her :-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of those shots where a picture truly does speak a thousand words. She is so delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucinda Poel9:28 PM

    great photo - such joie de vivre!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! It is the missing baby tooth that is the icing on this photo cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute!!!Such an adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will miss this time, when it is gone. Oh, I cherish those long-legged toothless days. My girls are all grown up with children of their own. Just love it and love her.

    ReplyDelete