Thursday, January 03, 2008
Hey, a finished project!
I spent a few in-between minutes over the holidays finishing some doll quilts I had started a while ago. The dog block came from this flickr photo that I copied by sketching free-hand and sort of estimating the measurements to cut the various pieces. Not the most efficient method, but it was interesting to try.
And the Japanese fabrics were part of a sample package from Quilt Market. They were already cut into little squares, so I just quickly stitched them together to make the fastest quilt top ever.
It occured to me as I was putting these quilts on Tsia's wall that I've never shown you her "new" bedroom since she outgrew her closet room and moved into half of our bedroom. It's tiny, but she has a window and I've tried to make it as cozy as I can. I still need to make more doll quilts for the rest of the wall, but they're coming along slowly.
The bookcase is open on both sides and separates her side of the room from ours. It works for now, and I've used the bottom two shelves for Tsia's stuff, with the upper shelves holding all Todd's art books facing our side of the room.