Thursday, April 05, 2007

Catching up


We've had a lovely week with my parents, who visit the east coast frequently since three of their four grandchildren are located out here. My Princeton-based sister and her family came in for lunch en masse on Saturday, and on Monday we braved the fog and the spring-break crowds to visit Ellis Island. Tuesday included a stop at Economy Candy for a nostalgia-based sugar infusion (Dad was expecially excited about the Mallo Cups, Necco wavers, and the Clove and Black Jack chewing gum, all of which we're sending to Grandma in a Crazy Candy package), a dash into Purl, and then they were off to spend some time in New Jersey. Tsia and I will join the crew tomorrow for one more get-together before their departure on Sunday.

I'm going to continue my little unplanned blogging break until after Easter in order to spend time with the family and with my little canine-teething toddler. Poor thing. See you next week!

5 comments:

  1. That must have been a really fun trip. I hope the Grandparents have a wonderful time in the East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:16 PM

    I feel like we're friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little one is getting her canines, too. I know your pain. Good luck and have fun catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my little one is getting her canines, too. I feel your pain. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’d just like to say I’ve been looking at your blog for a while now and wanted to let you know how much I like it. It’s even got me to start up my own:
    http://sarahquilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete