Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Dishtowel aprons

Well, I'm waaaay too late for the Tie One On September dishtowel challenge (look at all these great aprons!), but here are my first three completed dishtowel aprons.










I had a lot of fun selecting the fabrics for the pockets and the ribbons for the ties. I altered a pocket from a pattern and added gussets where the pleats had been for a little extra pop. The pockets took me way too long to make; I thought I was being so smart by basting the bias tape to the pockets and later realized that I should have just sewn it as I constructed the pockets. Blame it on sleep deprivation.

Now, on to tackle the October challenge preferably before the end of the month!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:20 PM

    Those are all fabulous!! Nice work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your aprons! The colors and those pockets are wonderful. I would have loved to participate in this month's Tie One On, but there were too many projects on the agenda.

    ReplyDelete