Monday, September 10, 2007

Couldn't get much better


Really. I had the opportunity to look through an early copy of Last-Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts on Saturday before teaching my class.

I knew it would be a great book, but it's even better than I expected! Absolutely beautiful design and photography, with fantastic projects as well. I'm going crazy waiting for it to arrive so I can spend more time reading it and studying all those tantalizing instructions!

And, ah, Hillary and Kathy, how did you manage to keep this a secret for so long? Love the elephant and the pencil roll you contributed to the book! Wow, there are so many talented people in blogland!

So as if that wasn't enough excitement for one early Saturday morning, then I had a few minutes to look around the shop. I haven't been in for more than two months because we were away, and I was blown away by all the new fabrics that have arrived. The entire bottom shelf of the shop is filled with unusual Japanese fabrics. Unbelievable selection! I gave my credit card a good workout before leaving.




Next I'll give the washing machine a little business, and then we'll be sewing away. It's about time for some craft posting around here, isn't it?

5 comments:

  1. YAY! I ordered the book a couple of days ago. I can't wait until it comes!!!! So glad to hear you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:50 PM

    Liesl, thank you! I'm so happy you like the book! We got it in today at the shop, come on in and pick up a copy! xox Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. that book looks great! sigh.

    hope you are having fun w/ the class

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to go to Purl and get my copy. I've learned so much from Joelle and my friends at Purl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabrics, but the wrong spelling in the french words of the first makes me cringe...
    I am getting more and more curious with this book. I loved the one about knitting.

    ReplyDelete