Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Links of note

A few bloggy items I'd like to point out, in case you're not aware of them:

1. Alicia has written a fantastic guide to selling handmade items to retail shops. It's so great to hear from someone on the buyers' side of the transaction, and I learned a lot from this.

2. If you're a knitter, you might want to consider participating in the Knitting Olympics, hosted by Yarn Harlot. I'm amazed at the number of, what do we call them, competitors? If I hadn't already started my sweater I would be joining them. But I think I'll need more than two weeks at the rate I'm going.

3. Gina has given us a preview the soon-to-be-released Denyse Schmidt fabric line. I'm on the fence about it so far, but I'm waiting to see it in person to really decide if I like it. After all, Denyse uses mostly solids in her own quilts, right? But as far as prints go, the line does seem to have a hip, retro thing going on that suits the Denyse Schmidt aesthetic and I'm sure will sell very well.

4. Meggiecat posted a link to Fashion Incubator last week. I haven't had enough time to really sit down and read this blog yet, but I'm excited about it because Kathleen writes about the apparel business from a pattern-making, factory-sewing, knitty-gritty point of view, and it's very clear that she knows what she's doing. I plan to learn a lot from her. This sort of knowledge is invaluable and very difficult to come by in this day and age of outsourcing.

5. I'm not really a foodie, but I've been enjoying the Traveler's Lunchbox. Great photos, writing, and the recipes look good, too.

Like Anna says, talk amongst yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment