a short list of nine things for which I am extremely thankful:
1. a loving and supportive family. I am grateful to celebrate a loving husband, a charming daughter, four wonderful sisters, a sister-in-law, two loving parents and parents-in-law, four brothers-in-law, two nieces, a nephew, and one amazing grandmother. Wow.
2. the health of my family, especially for my mom and dad, both of whom overcame some significant obstacles in the past year.
3. a close-knit neighborhood and community. We love New York and our friends here.
4. a wonderful school, teacher, and friends for our kiddo
5. the pleasure (and challenge) of owning and running a business. I'm glad to work with my husband, I'm grateful for the fulfillment and flexibility our business gives us, and I'm glad for the learning and growing opportunities we continue to experience. Our business affords us the opportunity to work with a variety of people and businesses, and all of these relationships are very valuable to us.
7. all of you readers, many of whom have become customers and friends. I'm grateful for your support, friendship and the inspiration we can share with each other. Isn't the on-line community amazing?
8. the ability to live modestly but well. We don't need a lot, but we have everything we need.
9. the chance to sit and reflect on all the things for which we are thankful. We (I) need to do this more often.
There are many, many more things I could list here. But instead, I wish you a happy thanksgiving, whether you celebrate the holiday or not. What are you thankful for?