Monday, August 13, 2007

Staying put


Well, with a summer like this what's the hurry to go home?

I forget how beautiful Lake Michigan is when I'm away from it for any length of time, but last week we enjoyed a trip to the Sleeping Bear Dunes with my family, and we spent several leisurely afternoons digging holes and building sandcastles at the beach. Combined with some rowdy late-night card games, fantastic al fresco meals, and general down time with the family, it was a wonderful week.

So we've decided to stay here for one more week to enjoy the sun and sand. I think I may have a few more postcards for you before we return home!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:35 PM

    I'm incredibly jealous. I used to Leland and we were up at Glen Lake two weeks ago. I miss it terribly. Enjoy it while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Duck!
    We love Lake Michigan, too. I've never been to Sleeping Bear Dunes but I've heard it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a great shot! enjoy this "last" week....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, with a summer like this what's the hurry to go home?

    I can think of at least two...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good dose of refreshment before returning to the routine. By the way, I bought a pattern for your backpack purse - thank you! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete