Monday, August 14, 2006

In denial

The city is empty right now; everyone is in the Hamptons or gone elsewhere on vacation. The playgrounds are empty, traffic seems light, and it's generally more quiet than usual in our neighborhood. Anyone who is still here went to Trader Joe's and to the post office at the same time that we went today, so we aren't lonely yet. But I'm still pretending to be on vacation: I haven't done any cleaning yet and I'm delaying washing the dishes for as long as I can. So instead of the usual subject matter, here are some of the flowers from my parents-in-law's cottage for your enjoyment. Back to the usual subject matter tomorrow.







4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cottage garden...it would keep my spirits up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:01 PM

    Day lilies are among my favorite flowers. I love the shot of the orange one. It looks as though you caught in on just the right day, in full bloom and not a day past it's prime. The shot with the echinacea flowers in the background is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I can't wait for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hollyhocks are splendid and the echinacea too. What a lovely palette of colours - my back yard is grey and dingy at the moment - heavy rain has smashed all the flowers so yours have brightened me day - thank you.

    ReplyDelete