Monday, July 10, 2006

Work in progress, work completed

Making a trip to the post office today, since I've finally finished the remaining baby gifts.

baby gifts

And I missed Work In Progress Friday, so here's the current project, which will be accompanying us on our trip.

work in progress
It's a cardigan for Bebe, based loosely on a Debbie Bliss pattern. I'm using a different yarn, so I needed to change the gauge, and I'm adding knitted eyelet trim at the hem based on a pattern from Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the Edge book. I'm also eliminating the ruffles at the sleeves, which I know would be dragged through anything the kiddo would ever touch and would be a messy disaster right from the start. But I wonder why the pattern for this sweater doesn't include an 18-24 month size? I'm making the 2-3 year size, which I'm afraid will be enormous on Bebe (she'll be 18 months in August).

Maybe I'll have further progress to show you upon our return. Until then, cheers! We're on our way out of town, and we'll see you again in August.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:34 PM

    Oh, I absolutely adore your baby gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little dresses and of course the little girl! Words from an old mother who sewed sundresses for her Bebe, "Be sure to pack away one or two of these dresses when she has outgrown them." They are such a precious treasure when she's all grown up.

    ReplyDelete