Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Mint chocolate chip


I'm so pleased with these little pants, which match the sweater Grandma made. Note to self, however: stop buying printed fabric in half-yard increments. When she grows into the next size I won't have enough length.

Fully lined with muslin. Next time I'll line them with the contrast fabric that I used as the binding at the hem and as the waistband. That way the legs can be rolled, since they're a little too long for her at present. I plan to make more of these little pants. In fact, maybe I'll draft some other sizes as well and sell them? We'll see. I have a few other children's items I'm planning, so this may be a nice addition to the bunch.

5 comments:

  1. Nice duds, and such a great match with the cardigan! I meant to comment yesterday too - what a wonderful pic of your girl, and happy birthday to her :-) And I can tell you after 3 and a half years, I still can't get the material stash in synch with my daughter's size! There's either a half meter too much or 10cm too little. Grrr. Guess that's just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!!! I absolutely love that fabric . . . in fact I think I have some in my stash somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! The outfit and Little are all too adorable! I always think it's such a treat that one can make clothes(anything, for that matter) for her loved ones...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! She is gorgeous and her outfit is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! Brown and blue are so great together...the whole outfit is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete